Network Activity 1 - Management and Coordination
NA1 is dedicated to the coordination and management of all of the technical Work Packages (15 TAs, 4 NAs and 5 JRAs) with the QualityNano Consortium.
The key coordination objectives are:
- Promotion, integration, development, advancement of the nanosafety community, cooperative and consistent with scientific activity of nanomedicine, nanodiagnostics and other related scientific communities;
- Creation of a ‘User’ space that is reflective, responsive to community needs, whilst looking to the future needs and future potential of nano interactions with living organisms;
- Creation of an effective, firmly neutral ‘space’ in which results from Users, and others (for example FP and industry) consortia can generate data, potentially agreed between different stakeholders;
- Ensuring effective dissemination of QualityNano opportunities and deliverables to a wide-ranging User community and all of the relevant stakeholder groups.
The key management objectives are:
- Creation of a well-run, fair, transparently operated, User-oriented virtual access facility;
- Ensuring all deliverables are produced on time and to budget;
- Provision of clear Web-enabled communication between all Participants and Users on the status of QualityNano;
- Managing the operational running of the Nanomaterials Hub;
- Managing the operational running of the Trans-national Access component to ensure User satisfaction;
- Ensuring that potential risks are recognised early and mitigated against;
- Robust financial management;
- Adoption of a Consortium Agreement (CA) that enables the continued effective management of QualityNano for the benefit of the User community;
- Development and implementation of an IP protection and exploitation protocol in consultation with NovaUCD.